Monday, January 9, 2012

Stay Current

I realized how absurd I must look: a sweaty white guy sitting alone in his car in an empty school parking lot in Roxbury eating room temperature mac and cheese mixed with chili.

My mind flashed to the thought of how important it was to live in a way where you Stay Current.

I think that we live in a culture where we can expect to fall behind and easily catch back up. I came to this realization when I went to watch a tv show On-Demand and it was not available (It wasn’t available because I recently took the exciting step to downgrading to basic tv). I realized that I no longer had the safety net of On- Demand and that the only way for me to know what was going on with Parks and Rec or the Real House Wives of Beverly Hills that I would need to Stay Current.

I realized that I probably wouldn’t be able to Stay Current on these shows ( particularly because I wouldn’t even have access to any fantastic Bravo programming), but then I realized that I was excited about this prospect and how I might be able to challenge myself and others to Stay Current on being the best version of ourselves.

Back to my mac and cheese/chili.

I had just finished an easy 12 mile run after school and my body was craving the immediate intake of protein and carbs. I was really excited that I had the opportunity to satisfy this need with my delicious blend of carbs and protein. I was happy that could Stay Current on some of the needs that would aid my recovery from this run ( I surely could have driven home and wait 25 minutes before eating, but I think having the immediate intake of the mac, cheese, and chili was much more beneficial).

So I challenge people to think of how they can Stay Current on things that will make their life better in a few small ways

- Stay Current ( on your health) and do a set of sit up and push-ups after reading this line. And maybe drink an extra glass of water

- -Stay Current ( on being positive) and tell someone how they impressed you in some way today.

- Stay Current ( on your relationships) and call someone you haven’t spoken to in a while that lives far away

Feel free to add any additional ways to Stay Current on being better versions of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment